This two-hour intensive internal communication neuroscience masterclass is designed for participants to build on the learnings from the Neuroscience: The Science Behind Effective Employee Engagement & Change masterclass delivered in partnership with the Institute of Internal Communication (IOIC).
It focuses on how we as communicators can hold the attention of our audiences. This is particularly relevant within our fast-moving environments where increasing distraction, coupled with a rapidly reducing capacity for change, demands communication that speaks to our human emotion, hopes and fears.
Event Date: 21st Jul 2021
Time: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Delivered online by Deborah Hulme
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Develop an understanding of the cocktail of chemicals that underpin our ability to listen; the role of metaphor and how the stories we tell, make-up and believe determine what we do
- Develop an understanding of our human attentional filter, why it works the way it does, and how this impacts how we structure, target and position our communication activity
- Gain knowledge of the practices we can put in place to improve how our communication lands, increasing retention and recall within what is becoming an increasingly crowded communication landscape
- Be able to contribute to the creation of a highly engaged and informed workplace
The course will cover:
- What the science tells us about our ability to listen
- The role of metaphor and the power of stories in determining what we do
- How the human attentional filter works and the implications for communication
- How to improve communication practice in a crowded communication landscaped for greater cut-through, retention, recall and engagement
All participants will also gain:
- Pre and post course access to Canvas, the IoIC’s online learning environment, with access to all course materials and the opportunity to engage with fellow participants
- The opportunity to apply learnings in a practical setting in between the delivery stages of the masterclasses and to come back together as a group for discussions and feedback
- Access to a network of like-minded professionals to connect with and learn from
Whilst this internal communication neuroscience masterclass is designed as a follow on to the IOIC’s Science Behind Effective Employee Engagement and Change masterclass it can be completed as a stand alone session. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This Communication that Speaks to Emotion masterclass is delivered by Deborah Hulme, a Fellow of the IoIC and founder of Minerva Engagement. Deborah is a thought-leader and practitioner in neuroleadership and employee engagement and has over 20 years’ experience shaping and delivering complex change and engagement programmes.
To book your place please click here.
For more information on our communication and engagement consultancy and how we support individuals, teams and organisations to improve wellbeing and performance please get in touch with email@example.com
“A complex subject presented in an easy to understand way with concrete examples to bring it to life.”
“The subject matter is complex but the course sticks to the core principles of neuroscience where it is relevant to us as professional communicators.”
“Lots of tips and ideas alongside case studies and shared experiences that I can learn from and reflect on in my role. I’ve really enjoyed it, thank you!”
“Good content and examples explained in an easy to understand way. This session was hugely relevant and will definitely help me in my role – highly recommended!”
“Thoroughly enjoyed the course – the presenter kept us engaged throughout the day. While I had heard some of the science before it was good to consolidate it with a particular focus on what that means for us as communicators.”